Baptism Seminar for Parents and Godparents
Congratulations on the Baptism of your baby! Baptism Seminar helps prepare parents and godparents to bring their child into the life of Christ through the Sacrament of Baptism. This preparation is required for all parents and godparents seeking to have their child baptized at Our Lady of Peace. The seminar consists of two class sessions. They are:
- Session I─ On Christian Living
- Session II─ Ceremony of Baptism
ENGLISH BAPTISM SEMINAR DATES:
- January 21st and 28th
- February 18th and 25th
- March 18th and 25th
- April 22nd and 29th (Holy Week falls on the 2nd week of the month)
- May 20th and 27th
- June 17th and 24th
SPANISH BAPTISM SEMINAR DATES:
- January 7th and 14th
- February 4th and 11th
- March 4th and 11th
- April 1st and 8th
- May 6th and 13th
- June 3rd and 10th
After you attend the second session, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. This certificate is good for four years for Catholics who have completed the Sacraments of Initiation; Baptism, Confirmation, and First Eucharist.
- You must complete Baptism Seminar prior to receiving your Date of Baptism at Our Lady of Peace Church.
- You may register in either the Rectory Office or the Adult Religious Education Office for Baptism Seminar. You may also mail in your completed registration form.
- You may not register over the phone.
- Complete one registration form for each person who plans to take the class.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Arrive on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be asked to re-register and to repeat the Seminar class at another date.