Mary, A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother
Our Lady of Peace Church and Shrine
Family Learning Center
Mondays May 1- June 19th
DVD Series and discussion with Dr. Edward Sri by Ascension Press
In Mary You Will:
- See what life was like for Mary, and experience what she felt at each dramatic moment in Scripture.
- Visit the grotto of Mary’s home in Nazareth, the cave where Christ was born in Bethlehem, the site of Our Lord’s victory on the Cross, and other rarely seen places in the Holy Land.
- See the significance of Mary as you explore the Biblical roots of our beliefs about her.
- Deepen your devotion to Mary as you discover our Blessed Mother in a uniquely personal way.
- Be drawn closer to Christ as Mary leads you to a more profound and personal relationship with her Son.
…and much more!
Click Here for more details
6:30-8:15pm – Spanish Parent Classes (Family Learning Center gym)
7:15-9:00pm – English CFF (Catholic Faith Formation)
Available to everyone. Father Anthony Hernandez teaches the class with a variety of topics regarding the Catholic Faith (Family Learning Center Room #1101) Click Here for more info.
7:00-9:00pm – Young Adult Events
English and Spanish
6:30-8:15pm – RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) and ASP (Adult Sacramental Prep)
For those who would like to enter the Catholic Faith, or receive the sacraments of First Holy Communion or Confirmation for Adults.
Registration and Fees are necessary for these classes. Contact Adult Education for costs.
English and Spanish, Free Class
9:00am-10:40am & 11:00am-12:40pm – Parent Formation Classes
A variety of topics regarding Parenting and the Catholic Faith.
(Spanish class – Family Learning Center Gym and the English class – Family Learning Center Room #1101)
About Adult Religious Education
As Catholics, we have the privilege and the responsibility to educate ourselves and our children in the faith. We can take our example from our Blessed Mother Mary, as Pope Saint John Paul II wrote in Catechesis in Our Time No. 73…
…By a unique vocation, she saw her Son Jesus “increase in wisdom and in stature, and in favor.” As He sat on her lap and later as He listened to her throughout the hidden life at Nazareth, this Son, who was “the only Son from the Father,” “full of grace and truth,” was formed by her in human knowledge of the Scriptures and of the history of God’s plan for His people, and in adoration of the Father. She in turn was the first of His disciples. She was the first in time, because even when she found her adolescent Son in the temple she received from Him lessons that she kept in her heart. She was the first disciple above all else because no one has been “taught by God” to such depth. She was “both mother and disciple,” as St. Augustine said of her, venturing to add that her discipleship was more important for her than her motherhood. There are good grounds for the statement made in the synod hall that Mary is “a living catechism”…
At Our Lady of Peace, we offer many opportunities for you to receive the lessons of Jesus…
The Adult Religious Education program includes Continuing Education classes for the faithful…
- Parent Catechism classes,
- Catholic Faith Fellowship,
- The Great Adventure Bible Study Series,
- EPIC Church History Studies,
- and other faith studies.
and, Christian Initiation classes
- Inquiry, for non-Catholics who want to inquire into the Catholic faith,
- Adult Sacrament Preparation, for baptized Catholics who desire to complete their initiation into the Church through the Sacraments of Confirmation and First Holy Communion,
- And Baptism Seminar, for Parents and Godparents preparing for their child’s Baptism.
Sister Nikopoia Klobe, SSVM
(408)-988-7543 Ext. 1113
Tuesday to Friday: 5:30pm-8:30pm
Saturday 9:30am – 1:00pm