New Volunteer Information
If you would like to volunteer for Our Lady of Peace parish but are not sure where you may be needed, please submit an application form to let us know what skills or experience you would like to offer the parish. If you are willing to be “on-call“, please indicate this on your application along with times and dates available.
All those who volunteer at Our Lady of Peace Church must:
go through the SAFE Environment training
submit a completed “Volunteer Activity Waiver” form
Detailed steps are listed below.
1. Volunteer Fingerprinting Requirements:
In order to make the process work efficiently and avoid confusion, anyone who is approved to be fingerprinted needs to go through the following process:
- Your supervisor/coordinator will provide you with the signed “Supervisor/Coordinator Approval to be Fingerprinted” form. Volunteers without the approval form signed by a supervisor or coordinator will not be fingerprinted.
- Complete the “Request for Live Scan Service” form provided to you by the supervisor/coordinator and bring this to Verify Group. Check here for what you need to bring.
- Get fingerprinted at Verify Group at 262 East Hamilton Avenue Suite A, Campbell, CA 95008. There will be a fee of $20.
- Submit one copy of the completed Live Scan to your supervisor/coordinator and one copy to the parish office.
The fingerprints are taken once and are good forever as long as you are volunteering within the Diocese of San Jose. Those who had their fingerprints taken prior to 2013 must be fingerprinted again.
2. Volunteer SAFE Environment Requirements:
- Complete the SAFE Environment online training at www.virtusonline.org on the following two courses titled “Protecting God’s Children” and “Vulnerable Adults”.
- Print the certificates at the end of each training and submit one copy to your supervisor/coordinator and one copy to the parish office. The certificates expire every 3 years and the training has to be done again.
3. Volunteer Waiver Form
This Volunteer Waiver Form is required by the Diocese of San Jose. Please complete and submit one copy to your supervisor/coordinator and one copy to the parish office.