Our Lady of Peace Parish Mass, Prayer, and Devotion Video Options
Monday June 15th was the the official day for re-opening for public worship at Our Lady of Peace and all other churches in the Diocese of San Jose. The highest priority is to bring people back to public worship and to be able to receive Holy Communion, but not to the exclusion of the safety and health of the individual worshiper. The health and the common good of all people are priorities. There must be proper safeguards to prevent infection. Consequently, there will be limitations imposed on practices and procedures that have been normative in the past.
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days continues to be dispensed. No one is obliged or pressured to come back to church. Even though we are resuming public liturgies, you should evaluate your own circumstances in determining if it is prudent for you to attend Mass right now.
- Those in high-risk categories should seriously consider staying at home for the time being. This is defined as persons over the age of 65 years and those with underlying health conditions or compromised immune systems.
- During this first phase, the locations of worship will be the courtyard area outside the church (near smaller statue of Mary) and the big parking lot behind the Church. Since, we will be using the big parking lot for Mass (to allow for a greater number of participants in the Mass) it will NO longer be available for general parking. Please use the other parking lots when visiting the Shrine or coming for Adoration or Confession.
Attend Mass at Our Lady of Peace in person!
Please go to this page: www.olop-shrine.org/about-us/mass-confession-times for more information on the Mass & Confession schedule and precautions needed for attending these courtyard & parking lot Masses.
Follow along with online devotions!
Prayers & Devotions (live-streamed to both Facebook and Youtube):
- 11am Daily Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- 6pm Weekly Novena of Our Lady of Perpetual Help on Wednesdays
Mass at OLOP (live-streamed to both Facebook and Youtube):
- Daily Mass livestreamed at 8am (Mon. to Sat.)
- Weekly Sunday Mass (9:00am online Mass in English, 11:00am online Misa en Español)
Calendar of Daily Readings:
List of Diocese of San Jose Mass livestreams:
Mass Intention Requests
Although the parish office is closed to drop-in visitors, we have instituted a temporary process to accept and process Mass Intention requests via email. The normal Mass Intention guidelines listed below still apply, including the 25 character limit.
Please go to http://www.olop-shrine.org/mass-intentions-requests/ for more information and the steps to submit a Mass intention request.
Please consider utilizing our online giving during this time in which the normal Sunday collection is not presently taking place in the pews. We encourage you to continue your weekly ongoing contributions and support our parish by clicking HERE to set up online donations. Thank you for your support!
Gift Shop Special Hours
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we struggle to reopen fully!
As of June 16th we will be open BY APPOINTMENT:
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only from 1pm-6pm
To make an appointment simply email when you would like to come by to: email@example.com or leave a voicemail with your name, callback number, and the date/time you will be coming: 408.980.9825 ext. 3
Because of our current shortage of staff we will only call you back if the day/time you requested *does not work* so if you don’t hear anything back, plan to come at the day/time you requested with a face covering.
Also please let us know if there will be more than one person in your party.