Fatima Pilgrimage Mass
This month, the special Our Lady of Fatima Pilgrimage Mass with Rosary, Eucharistic Benediction, and Blessing of the Faithful will take place on Tuesday, October 13 at 7:00 PM in the main parking lot.
Mass in the parking lot procedure
The only entrance/exit will be from Our Lady’s Way. There will be a security guard and volunteers who will direct you to your parking spots. Everyone will be lined up in rows to ensure safe entry and exit.
- Please stay in your vehicle at all times, unless you need to line up for confession or use the restroom. If you need to exit your car for those reasons, please alert one of the volunteers (in the neon vests). The restrooms that are designated for public use are only in the Family Learning Center.
- The vehicles will also need to remain at least six feet apart.
- We will broadcast the Mass on an FM radio signal so that you can follow along from your vehicle and we will announce the station to you upon arrival. The station we are currently using is 92.9 FM>
- Collection baskets will not to be passed during the liturgy. You will be able to place your weekly gift in a basket as you enter or exit your section or the parking lot. We strongly encourage online giving via the parish website (olop-shrine.org), as it minimizes contact and processing. Mailing your envelope to the parish office is always an option as well. We count on your continued financial support–many thanks to those who have contributed online!
- Eucharistic ministers will walk to each car. Please turn on your hazard lights and make sure the car windows are down before the Eucharistic Minister arrives.
- After the final blessing, parishioners should remain in their place. You will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
We also plan on live streaming the Fatima mass, so you are welcome to tune in at www.olop-shrine.org/coronavirus/olop-online/ or click on the links below.
Remember to submit your prayer intentions to be placed at the feet of Our Lady of Fatima!
In unity with our Catholic brothers and sisters around the world, please join a mass effort by Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church and Shrine in petitioning our Lady of Fatima to intercede on our behalf, for the suffering of the sick and afraid, for the economic hardships faced worldwide, and for everyone keeping basic operations running and serving those in need.
- Add your personal intentions on the back page of the Fatima Prayer Mailer.
- Mail it in or drop it off at Our Lady of Peace Church before October 10th.
- Include what you can as a sacrificial gift to support the bare minimum of church expense and as an opportunity to resume your regular contribution either via mail or online. (checks payable to “Our Lady of Peace Church” or click “donate” at www.olop-shrine.org/donate).
- Share this invitation with your family and friends!
- Type up your petitions and email them to email@example.com
- Your petitions will be placed in a box at the feet of Mary for the Fatima celebrations.
- Include what you can as a sacrificial gift to support the bare minimum of church expense and as an opportunity to resume your regular contribution either via mail or online. (checks payable to “Our Lady of Peace Church” or donate online at www.olop-shrine.org/donate).
- Share this invitation with your family and friends!
We will include your petitions in our offering basket to Our Lady of Fatima and leave them at her feet for her intercession at the monthly Novena of Fatima Pilgrimage Masses from May 13th to October 13th.
Coordinator: Helen Hovland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Lady invites us to enter into the cenacle of her Immaculate Heart by means of our consecration. In the cenacle of her Heart she will nourish, form, and help us to grow in perfect consecration to her. She calls us to form cenacles together with her and to multiply and spread them everywhere, so that the Divine Spirit of Love may pass through the golden door of her Immaculate Heart and thus prepare humanity for a new era of grace and holiness. (cf. 226j, June 7, 1981)
This silent retreat is a condensed version of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, preached in English and Spanish separately by an IVE priest. The weekend will include: meditations, talks, Mass, adoration, as well as an opportunity for Confession and spiritual advice.
The cost of the retreat is $125, cash or check only. Submit your completed REGISTRATION FORMS and payment to Our Lady of Peace parish office no later than Friday, September 27th. Please arrive at Camp St. Francis by 1:15 pm on October 4th. Transportation will not be offered, so please make your own arrangements.
Items to Bring:
Blanket/Bedsheet or sleeping bag, pillow, Toiletries, Shower shoes, Towels, Rosary, Notebook, Bible, Pen/Pencil, Spiritual Exercise book (can be purchased for $30, cash only)
Saint or Spiritual book for free time reading, Wrist watch, Flashlight, Sunscreen, Backpack
If you need information, please email Mother Revelacion at adult..email@example.com or call the parish office at (408) 988-4585.
“I didn’t have anything but a prayer,” remembered Fr. John Sweeny.
Our Lady’s Way is the remarkable story of the priests and people who turned a futureless church into a mecca of faith and conversion with a simple hope for the future, zeal for souls, and unwavering love for Christ and His Mother.
All are invited invited to our book launch event on Friday, July 12th at 6pm, featuring dinner & a talk by the author.
Our Lady of Peace Church & Shrine
Msgr. John Sweeny Family Learning Center
2800 Mission College Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Paperback with black & white pictures: $20, not including tax
Paperback with color pictures: $55, not including tax
For more information, please call our parish office: (408) 988-4585.
“For anyone interested in the amazing story of Fr. John Sweeny and the parish and shrine of Our Lady of Peace, this book tells it beautifully with testimonies from ‘a cloud of witnesses’.”
Fr. Joseph Fessio, S.J.
Founder and Editor, Ignatius Press
Our Lady of Peace Church will be hosting our annual outdoor exhibit of Eucharistic miracles around the world. With an extensive assortment of photographs and historical descriptions, the exhibition presents some of the principal Eucharistic Miracles that took place throughout the ages in various countries of the world and have been officially recognized by the Church. The current exhibition includes 153 panels that are used to explain 152 Eucharistic Miracles with an additional 22 country and historical panel maps.
Volunteers are needed to help set up the exhibition!
For more information or to volunteer, please visit www.olop-shrine.org or call the Our Lady of Peace parish office at (408)988-4585.
Flyer for Eucharistic miracles around the world Click Here
With an extensive assortment of photographs and historical descriptions, the exhibition presents some of the principal Eucharistic Miracles that took place throughout the ages in various countries of the world and which have been recognized by the Church. By means of the panels, one can “virtually visit” the places where the miracles took place. The current exhibition includes 151 panels that are used to explain 153 Eucharistic Miracles with an additional 22 country and historical panel maps, all of which are available on a DVD in both high and low definition. High definition is used to make the exhibition posters and low definition is used for all other purposes.
Canon Law On Shrines
The Eucharistic miracles shown in this exhibition have all been recognized by the local bishops, some miracles were also recognized with papal bull but not all the miracles were recognized also by the Pope. What is required is the local bishop’s approval (CANN n.1230 ss). Most of the miracles’ churches became Eucharistic sanctuaries or shrines of the Eucharistic miracle, approved by the Church.
Can. 1230 By the term shrine is understood a church or other sacred place to which numerous members of the faithful make pilgrimage for a special reason of piety, with the approval of the local ordinary.
Can. 1231 For a shrine to be called a national shrine, the conference of bishops must give its approval; for it to be called an international shrine, the approval of the Holy See is required.
Eucharistic Miracles by Country
The exhibition’s miracles are from: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Carribean Island of Martinique, Colombia, Croatia, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Island of the Réunion (French Colony), Italy, Netherlands, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and Venezuela.
For more information on the exhibit, click here.
No Masses in the morning
Rectory closes at noon
Confessions — 10am to 1pm, 4pm to 6pm, 9pm
8:00pm — Mass of the Lord’s Supper and Washing of the Feet
9:30pm — Adoration (until midnight)
42nd Anniversary of Perpetual Adoration
12 Noon Mass celebration
Brunch Potluck Lunch for Adorers outside the church following the 12 Noon Mass